Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I am back (Ody and Ody's mommy)

I am back!

(This is Ody's mommy. I promised Ody that I would help update his blog everyday when he started it. I made him very disappointed. I apologize to my baby here.)

My mommy was busy with her finals in May. She didn't even have time to take care of herself, let alone updating my blog. :(

Somehow I injured my right eye -- eye ulcer right before Memorial Day. Daddy and mommy gave me some medication every day during that period, but the doc told them that I should stay away from the sun. It's Cali here, you know, so we didn't go out as planned that weekend.

I was also diagnosed of avascular necrosis of the femoral head, aka Legg–CalvĂ©–Perthes syndrome. I am in pain physically, but I know that mommy and daddy are in pain mentally. Mommy cried at the doc's when she heard the news.

My surgery is scheduled to this Friday. Please wish me luck. I enjoy running and outdoor activities, and it's summer. I will keep everybody updated.

I am a strong, happy and lucky boy!

1 comment:

  1. oh no ody! first the eye and now the big surgery. you must be pretty bummed about having to stay indoors, huh?

    hang in there ---- things will get better soon!

    i know your humans must be really upset and worried. when i had my heart attack and died, my human was NOT happy. her eyes leaked for days. but i got better & you will too.

    i wish we had time to play before you get your leg fixed - to celebrate our birthdays! where are you having the surgery?

    ReplyDelete