Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I met a immigrant dog today!

Mommy always tells me that I am originally from China. The ancient king bred my breed -- the loyal and entertaining PUG.

I have never been to China. I am bilingual though, Chinese and English. Mommy lately is teaching me Japanese -- starting from sayonara. I don't like this word, every time she says it, she goes away, and leaves me alone.

On the way to Whole Foods, we met a yellow lab. He is a rescue dog, rescued from Taiwan. Wow, I am jealous that he even has an immigration paper, and he traveled around the world. I tried to speak Chinese with him, but his Chinese is rusty. He said that he almost forgets all the Chinese because nobody speaks to him in Chinese here. He wants me to visit him more. So we'll update with some pix next time when I see him.

I had a dream just now, that I became a immigrant dog too!

2 comments:

  1. You're bilingual, Ody? Cool!

    My brother Dutch is originally from a place called the Netherlands and speaks some weird language no one around here can understand. My human say's he's speaking 'Dutch' so I'm pretty sure he's just making words up.

    Maybe I should try doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE: PUGLET,

    I think you should practice your Chinese! My mommy always tells me that language is a very important skill in globalized world. Besides, I think Chinese sounds very cool!

    -ODY

    ReplyDelete